"The Mini" - Berlin Swing Festival - 15.09. - 17.09.2017
2 days of workshops - Registration for the workshops is open
* Jenny Thomas & Scott Cupit - more info below
* Cat Foley & Benjamin R. Cook - more info below
After receiving all your info we will provide 3 groups for this "Mini" edition. Thank you a lot for filling out the form, it was very helpful!
Group 1: 6 hours of dance classes
6 months classes and social dance. You should know basic rhythms & be able to mix patterns (6, 8, Charleston, Jig Walk): Knowledge of fundamentals of lead and follow. The classes will fairly be basic material, but focus on how to lift your dance from an execution of steps to a rhythmical flow of music.
Group 2: 6 hours of dance classes
Minimum of 1 year of classes and regular social dance. This group is for more experienced dancers, not for dancers that started out last month. The rhythms should be fluently and the general flow of the dance should be visible. Some faster music might appear and also rhythm variations.
Group 3: 6 hours of classes
Minimum of 2 years classes, regularly and you are almost always on the dance floor. You’ve attended classes at international camps. Following/leading is not an issue, which makes it possible to add styling and variations and rhythmical changes. The social dance is like your second (or maybe first) home and you can improvise during any song.
Solo 1 with Jenny - You did already some Solo classes and you know, that Suzie Q is not the nice woman from the supermarket.
Solo 2 with Jenny - You want to get pushed hard? This is Jennys favourite, nothing more to say.
(If you want to attend the Group 3 class, don't book the Solo 1 class as it will be at the same time.)
Lindy Hop Workshop
6 hours of classes - 112,- € Single | 196,- € couple
+ Solo each class 15,- €
1 class 20,- €
2 classes 35,- €
Yoga - extra option:
Sat: 10,- €
Sun: 10,- €
Registration is open!
How does it work:
* Create an account and sign up for the pass, sign up can be done with a facebook account also.
* If you want Lindy and Solo, the solo class is an add on inside the Lindy Hop pass, the same for the Yoga.
* If you want to sign up for the Solo, use the Solo button.
* If you want to register as a couple, both need an LindyPlus ID, the system requires this. During the registration you put the name and the ID of your partner.
For any question send us an email or chat on fb with LindyPlus
Parties + Party Pass: options will be announced later.
Jenny began Lindy Hopping 24 years ago in Anthony Van Laast’s show “Souls in Motion” where she joined Ryan Francois’ dance company Zoots and Spangles. Read more about Jenny here...
Scott Cupit: Founder of Swing Patrol, Melbourne 1998 and London 2009, book author and world wide Swing dance teacher. Read more about Scott here...
Über die Lehrer:
Jenny begann vor 24 Jahren mit Lindy Hop, als sie Ryan Francois' Tanzschule Zoots and Spangles beitrat und in Anthony Van Laast's Show „Souls in Motion“ mit wirkte. Mehr über Jenny erfahrt ihr hier...
Scott Cupit gründete Swing Patrol 1998 in Melbourne und 2009 in London. Er ist Buchautor und unterrichtet weltweit Swing Dance. Hier erfährst du mehr über Scott...
- All registrations that are cancelled up to and including 20 August will receive a 75% refund less any booking fees.
- Any registration cancelled between 21 August and 03 of September will receive a 50% refund less any booking fees. We suggest that the best thing you can do is try and sell your ticket – a great place to do this is on Facebook.
- Any registration cancelled on or after 3 September will not receive a refund. We suggest that the best thing you can do is try and sell your ticket – a great place to do this is on Facebook.